Effective December 1st 2020 Croatia requires:
- proof of negative PCR test result on COVID-19 not older than 48 hours
- upon arrival in Croatia mandatory self-isolation is required until a proof of negative PCR test result is presented.
Effective January 14th 2021 additionally, persons coming from countries on the List of countries for which special epidemiological measures are applied, upon entering to the Republic of Croatia are obliged to:
- present the proof of negative PCR test result on COVID-19 not older than 48 hours
- mandatory 14 days of self-isolation.
Persons may shorten the duration of their self-isolation if, at the earliest on the seventh day of self-isolation, they take a PCR test on COVID-19 at their own expense, in an institution authorized to perform PCR tests, and the test result is negative.
Entry into the Republic of Croatia for foreign citizens
In order for you to cross the Croatian border more simply and safely, a short online form has been created and all visitors are advised to announce their visit by filling out the form on the following site:
The online form includes all data normally requested in the process of crossing the border and with the simple presentation of a passport or identity document to a police officer at the border, the number or code from the identity card or passport is automatically linked to all pre-entered data. In this way, the time to complete the entire procedure of data entry at the border for each individual person in any given vehicle is reduced to a minimum and traffic flow is increased.
In the reply, you will also receive basic epidemiological recommendations.
All foreign citizens can check whether they qualify for an exemption from application of this Decision via an online form: https://mup.gov.hr/uzg-covid/286210 or via e-mail: email@example.com and their request will be resolved as soon as possible.
More information for all travelers traveling from Croatia to other countries:
PCR tests on COVID-19 are performed:
KRK - in front of the Tourist Medical Service (address: Vinogradska 2b); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +385 51 221 955
- sample collection is carried out on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 08 a.m. to 09 a.m
- the payment and signing of the consent form is done on the spot before taking the sample
- test results are being delivered via e-mail or in person
RIJEKA - the Teaching Institute of Public Health of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County (address: Krešimirova 52a) - http://zzjzpgz.hr (detailed instructions are available on croatian, english, italian and german language; on-line order form is available on croatian and english language); e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +385 51 554 803
- samples collecting are carried out from Monday to Saturday, from 08 a.m. till noon - "drive in" testing site is located on the parking lot next to the Teaching Institut
- prior announcement and appointment is not require
- test results are ready within 48 hours and will be delivered via e-mail or can be picked up in person at the counter from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on working days, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sundays
- natural persons: before sample collection, it's necessary to submit a completed order form (available for download at http://zzjzpgz.hr or at the counter) and submit a payment at the counter on the ground floor of the Teaching Institute
- legal persons: completed order form/approval with necessary information (available for download at http://zzjzpgz.hr) must be sent via e-mail on email@example.com; sample collection will be organized by appointment
The price of the PCR test is 490,00 HRK.
The test result is ready within 48 hours.
Rapid antigen test for COVID-19 and Antibody (serology) testing:
Rapid antigen tests are performed in the branches of the Health Center of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County (branches in Rijeka, Opatija, Crikvenica, Delnice, Krk, Cres-Lošinj, Rab):
- on working days, tests are performed in the branches of the Health Center, and on Saturdays in the macrocentre office (basement) located in Rijeka (Zamet - address Bože Vidasa 16a) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m
- all interested parties can contact Health Center via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (with the following information included: name and surname, place and address of residence and telephone number)
- upon receipt of the e-mail, the employees of the Health Center will contact the user as soon as possible; location, date and time of testing will be organized by appointment
- test results are ready within 15 minutes
- the price of the test is 150 kn (payable in cash at the location)
- questionnaires regarding test performing are prepared in English, German, Italian and Slovenian language.
The Health Center of Primorje-Gorski Kotar County is also conducting an antibody (serology) test to detect if a person has antibodies to COVID-19 virus:
- the antibody (serology) test is carried out at the Health Center headquarters (address: Krešimirova 52a, Rijeka)
- test results are being delivered via e-mail, within the same day
- the price of the test is 130 kn.
The list of locations across Croatia where PCR tests on COVID-19 are performed: https://www.koronavirus.hr/latest-news/testing-centers-in-croatia/764
Additional health and safety measures:
- During the first 14 days after entering the Republic of Croatia, exits from accommodation are limited only to the necessary ones: performance of work if it is a business reason for entering the Republic of Croatia, performance of necessary activities with continuous intensified implementation of hygiene measures.
- During the necessary exit from accommodation it is mandatory to use a protective or surgical face mask or covers for the nose and mouth, maintain physical distance from other persons (minimum 1.5 meters) and conduct hand hygiene.
- Obligation to wear protective and surgical face masks in all enclosed/indoor spaces.
- Strict measure of physical distance, avoiding close contact at a distance of at least 2 meters indoors and 1.5 meters outdoors.
- Hands wash as often as possible with warm water and soap and/or use a hand disinfectant that needs to be rubbed in the palms. Avoid touching the face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Avoid the use of public transport. In a means of transport, it is desirable that a person is alone or exclusively with persons sharing a common accommodation.
- Gatherings should be consistently avoided
- During business meetings it is necessary to meet as few people as possible, ensure a physical distance of 2 meters and availability of disinfectants, and avoid unnecessary meetings.
- Payment services are performed by non-cash card payments or on-line services.
- Every morning it is necessary to measure the body temperature if it is higher than 37.2C, the measurement should be repeated after 10 minutes, and if the temperature is higher than 37.2 C it is necessary to stay at home/in accommodation and contact a doctor in a tourist or COVID-19 infirmary or a territorially responsible epidemiologist.
- In case of symptoms of acute respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, fever, short breathing/difficulty or loss of smell), it is necessary to stay at home/in accommodation and contact a doctor in a tourist or COVID-19 infirmary or a territorially responsible epidemiologist.
(http://www.kvarner.hr/en/tourism/plan_a_trip/Useful_information/Tourist_Medical_Services_and_Pharmacies or https://www.koronavirus.hr/important-phone-numbers/152).
- In case of sudden onset of severe, life-threatening symptoms, contact emergency medical service at 194.
Overall safety and hygiene measures, as well as social distancing are to be respected as required: The latest Covid-19 information and accompanying measures may be found here: https://www.koronavirus.hr/en.
For transit visitors, regardless of nationality, they will also receive special instructions regarding the transit route and requirements upon entering Croatia.
For more information please visit:
Croatian National Tourist Board - Q&A regarding latest measures of travel to the Republic of Croatia
Official government of the Republic of Croatia website for accurate and verified information on COVID-19
Ministry of Tourism - Republic of Croatia
Before your departure and arrival to Croatia, please inform yourself regarding possible restrictions and requirements on return to your country of origin (for example measure of self-isolation and etc).
In case you identify any symptoms that are similar to the mild flu-like symptoms, such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain and fatigue, or you had a close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of coronavirus infection, immediately call the doctor:
http://www.kvarner.hr/en/tourism/plan_a_trip/Useful_information/Tourist_Medical_Services_and_Pharmacies or https://www.koronavirus.hr/important-phone-numbers/152.
Describe your symptoms and follow their advice. We suggest calling by phone before going to the doctor's office.
Frequently asked questions and answers regarding the conditions of entry into the Republic of Croatia considering the restrictions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Emergency service: +385 112